Terms & Conditions
Data Protection: Fitness Academy will never sell trade, rent, exchange or otherwise share your personal information with any other person, company or organisation.
All clients must agree to the Terms and Conditions as stated below prior to taking part in any group exercise classes or personal training sessions. We reserve the rights to change the Terms and Conditions at any time. These changes will be clearly communicated to all clients.
Health & Safety
All clients must complete a ‘Medical Screening’ questionnaire and declare all information accurately and honestly prior to commencing any form of exercise.
- Any client with a condition which requires any form of medical checks or prescription medication must have the consent of their doctor before engaging in any exercise sessions.
- Clients are responsible for monitoring their own condition whilst engaging in exercise and any unusual symptoms must be reported to their instructor immediately.
- Clients attending classes or personal training sessions are taking part entirely of their own risk.
- Clients must accept that whilst engaging in exercise of any kind, be it cardio, resistance, stretching or core exercises, there is a risk of injury and The Fitness Academy (including The Little Fitness Academy) shall not be held responsible for any injury, accident, illness or loss (including indirect and consequential loss) caused or suffered by clients.
- During classes where babies and young children are present, it is the responsibility of the parent present to keep the child safe and free from danger. Any injury caused to the child on the premises or during a class is not the responsibility of The Fitness Academy, The Little Fitness Academy or any instructor working for them.
- Clients are responsible for their own insurance in respect of injuries suffered, loss of damage to equipment or personal belongings.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions limits or excludes The Fitness Academy and The Little Fitness Academy for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence or that of its employees or agent.
- Memberships can be set up online and you can choose your start date. Payment will be taken from this date and you can start your classes/PT immediately. After this, payment will be taken every four weeks. You will need to individually select ('schedule') the classes you want to book at the time of payment to reserve your place.
- As a general rule, classes will be limited or not run on bank holidays and we will try to highlight holidays on the website timetable and in mailings. Please ensure that you sign up to our mailing list so that you do not miss out.
- Our most up to date timetable is on our downloadable app that you can use on your iPhone or Android. Or, please book onto our online booking system via our homepage or bookings page of the website.
- By using our booking system, this enables you to have complete control to book/cancel (with 24hrs' notice) classes and manage your exercise programme. If you need help selecting the right combination of classes that are right for you, please feel free to contact us.
- Your allowance of classes/PTs should be used within each block of 4 weeks. You cannot carry over unused classes to the following 4 week block. If you wish to do extra classes within the 4 weeks, then you will automatically be charged at your membership rate per class.
- You can 'mix and match' your classes provided there is space on them. The booking system is live so if a class is full, the system will tell you. You can then go on a waiting list in case someone else cancels. You will be notified by email.
- If you wish you can book your classes up to 8 weeks in advance.
- Members agree to follow class etiquette to ensure the smooth running of classes and to show respect for the needs of other members. See below.
- Four week cancellation period is required for memberships. Please email [email protected]
- When a class has to be cancelled by us, due to unforeseen circumstances such as illness, we will try wherever possible to give sufficient notice to our affected clients. If a class is cancelled you will be able to select another class that week. We run a full timetable with daytime, evening and weekend options so there is plenty of choice.
- Please also note that missed classes are not equivalent in financial terms to personal training, so this cannot be offered as compensation.
Strict 24 hour cancellation policy. No exceptions.
- Early cancellation: if you cancel on the booking system 24 hours or more before the start time of your class or PT session, you will be able to rebook another within your four week block. You cannot carry over missed classes to the following four weeks.
- Late cancellation: all personal training and classes that are booked and paid for on the booking system will incur a 100% fee if cancelled with less than 24 hours notice. We do ask that even if you are late cancelling your class, as a goodwill gesture to other clients, please 'late cancel' on the app. This will free up the space for someone else to benefit from the class. You never know when this action from someone else might benefit you if you are on a waiting list.
Online Services (the Hormone Plan and Virtual Fitness)
If you have any medical conditions or injuries please consult your doctor before starting our exercise programmes. Our workouts are only suitable for those who are injury free and in good general health. You are responsible for exercising at a level that is right for you. If at any point during the workout you begin to feel faint, dizzy or have physical discomfort, you should stop immediately. All exercises are carried out at your own risk. The Fitness Academy is not responsible for any injuries that result from participating in the exercises shown in this programme.
See also Health & Safety and Liability above (as applicable).